Personal InformationMore >>
Supervisor of Doctorate Candidates
Supervisor of Master's Candidates
Zhiwu Huang, Ph.D., Professor, Ph.D. supervisor, currently works in School of Automation, Central South University. He is the academic leader of National Key Discipline – “Traffic information engineering and control”, the deputy director of the New Energy Management and Control Institute for Vehicular Transportation （NEMIVT）. He has been selected in the first batch of New Century 121 Personnel Project in Hunan province. From April 2008 to April 2009, he was a visiting scholar at the University of Essex, UK. His research interests include intelligent transportation network communication and security control, new energy hybrid power management, traffic big data and machine learning, collaborative control and optimization of cyber-physical-system (CPS) and intelligent mobile robots.
He has worked closely with China railway corporation and CRRC group over the years and co-established the “Hunan engineering laboratory of railway vehicle braking technology”. He is focused on major national needs in the field of rail safety and has built high-level innovation platforms. He developed the train control communication network system, network fault diagnosis system. He has presided about 80 projects including National Natural Science Foundation of China, National 863 Program, Provincial and Ministerial Key Science and Technology Projects and Industrial Application Research Projects. He won the first prize for scientific and technological progress in Hunan Province once and the third prize twice. He has obtained 8 authorized invention patents.
The recent funding he has received is listed as follows.
1. Software - Defined Cloud Service Network of Large - Scale Human in the Loop CPS Architecture, supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2017.1-2020.12, PI.
2. Distributed Diagnosis of Multi-Agent Dynamic Alliance in Variable Structure Multi-Fault System, supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2011.1-2012.12, PI.
3. Safety Assessment of High-Speed Train Braking System based on Deep Learning and Intelligent Reasoning, supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2019.1-2022.12, Co-PI.
4. Deepening Research on Technology and Application of Locomotive Braking System - Brake Control Unit, supported by Major Projects of Ministry of Railways, 2013.1-2015.12, PI.
5. “Development of Brake Control Unit (BCU)”, sub-project of “Research on Application of Braking System and Synchronous Control System of Locomotive on Daqin Line”, supported by Science and Technology Plan of Ministry of Railways, 2009.1-2011.12, PI.
6. Research on Collaborative Distributed Optimization Method of Intelligent Traffic Network Signal Control System, supported by Doctoral Programs of China, 2012.1-2014.12, PI.
7. Research on Effective Control Countermeasures of Emergency Braking of Train, supported by Major school-enterprise Cooperation Projects, 2013.7-2016.12, PI.
8. Technical Development of Wired Electronic Control Air Brake (ECP) System, supported by Major school-enterprise Cooperation Projects, 2014.1-2015.12, PI.
9. Technical Development of Four Types of MVB Gateway, supported by Major school-enterprise Cooperation Projects, 2012.3-2014.12, PI.
10. Development of DJ1 Electric Locomotive Network Control Fault Diagnosis Expert System, supported by Major school-enterprise Cooperation Projects, 2012.1-2013.12, PI.
11. Emergency Brake Air Monitoring Device for Train, supported by Major school-enterprise Cooperation Projects, 2011.8-2012.12, PI.
12. Fault Diagnosis and Test Device of CCBII Brake Control System based on Lonworks, supported by Major school-enterprise Cooperation Projects, 2011.1-2012.12, PI.
 Weirong Liu, Peng Zhuang, Hao Liang*, Jun Peng, Zhiwu Huang, Distributed Economic Dispatch in Microgrids Based on Cooperative Reinforcement Learning, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, 2018, 29(6), pp. 2192-2203.
 Heng Li, Jun Peng, Yanhui Zhou, Jianping He, Zhiwu Huang*, Liang He, and Jianping Pan, SoH-Aware Charging of Supercapacitors with Energy Efficiency Maximization, IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, 2018.
 Weirong Liu, Yu Song, Hongtao Liao, Heng Li, Xiaoyong Zhang, Yun Jiao, Jun Peng, Zhiwu Huang*, Distributed Voltage Equalization Design for Supercapacitors Using State Observer, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, 2018.
 Heng Li, Jun Peng*, Jianping He, Zhiwu Huang, Jianping Pan, and Jing Wang, Synchronized Cell-Balancing Charging of Supercapacitors: A Consensus-Based Approach, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 2018, 65(10), pp. 8030-8040.
 Heng Li, Jun Peng*, Jianping He, Rong Zhou, Zhiwu Huang, and Jianping Pan. A cooperative charging protocol for onboard