Professor Wenchen Luo
B.Sc East China Normal University
Ph.D Universite de Sherbrooke
postdoc University of Manitoba
Transport properties of the two-dimensional electron gas
Fractional quantum Hall effect: Ground states, excitations, and interactions with other particles
Toplogical spin textures and transport in nanostructures
Quantum optics in two-dimensional electron systems
Quantum transport in nanodevices and nano-structures
We focus on theories on low-dimensional systems, but we are not willing to limit us in the current research fields, expansion of research field is encouraged.
Open position for graduate students and postdocs: Please feel free to contact me if you are highly motivated and would like to learn more about the theory of condensed matter physcis.
15. Chong Shou, Qi Zhang, Wenchen Luo, and Guoxiang Huang*, Photon storage and routing in quantum dots with spin-orbit coupling, Optics Express (2021).
14. Shenglin Peng, Fangping Ouyang, Jian Sun, Ai-Min Guo, Tapash Chakrabroty, & Wenchen Luo, Isotropic all-electric spin analyzer based on a quantum ring with spin-orbit couplings, Appl. Phys. Lett. 118, 082402 (2021).
13. Shenglin Peng, Fangping Ouyang, Wenchen Luo* & Tapash Chakrabroty*, Magnetic field controlloed topological transitions of the spin field in quantum rings with spin orbit couplings, Physica E 128, 114545 (2021).
12. Amin Naseri, Shenglin Peng, Wenchen Luo* & Jesko Sirker*, Spin vortices and skyrmions of a single electron in inhomogeneous magnetic fields, Phys. Rev. B (2020).
11. Wenchen Luo & Tapash Chakraborty, Tuning the topological features of quantum-dot hydrogen and helium by a magnetic field, Phys. Rev. B, 100, 085309 (2019).
10. Aram Manaselyan, Wenchen Luo, Daniel Braak & Tapash Chakraborty, Seeking Maxwell’s Demon in a non-reciprocal quantum ring, Scientific Reports 9, 9244 (2019).
9. Wenchen Luo, Amin Naseri, Jesko Sirker & Tapash Chakraborty, Unique Spin Vortices and Topological Charges in Quantum Dots with Spin-orbit Couplings, Scientific Reports 9, 672 (2019).
8. Wenchen Luo and Tapash Chakraborty, Pfaffian state in electron gas with small Landau level gaps, Phys. Rev. B 96, 081108(R) (2017).
7. Wenchen Luo and Tapash Chakraborty, Phase transitions of the Fractional quantum Hall states in ZnO, Phys. Rev. B 94, 161101(R) (2016).
6. Wenchen Luo and Tapash Chakraborty, Missing fractional quantum Hall states in ZnO, Phys. Rev. B 93, 161103(R) (2016).
5. Wenchen Luo and Tapash Chakraborty, Excitation Gap of Fractal Quantum Hall States in Graphene, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 28, 015801 (2015).
4. Wenchen Luo and Tapash Chakraborty, Quantum Hall ferromagnets and transport properties of buckled Dirac materials, Phys. Rev. B 92, 155123 (2015).
3. Wenchen Luo, R. Côté and Alexandre Bédard-Vallée, Ising quantum Hall ferromagnetism in Landau levels |N|≥1 of bilayer graphene, Phys. Rev. B 90, 075425 (2014).
2. Wenchen Luo, R. Côté, Zeeman coupling and screening corrections to skyrmion excitations in graphene, Phys. Rev. B 88, 115417 (2013).
1. R. Côté, Wenchen Luo, Branko Petrov, Yafis Barlas, and A. H. MacDonald, Orbital and interlayer skyrmion crystals in bilayer graphene, Phys. Rev. B 82, 245307 (2010).