Date of Employment:2002-07-24
School/Department:Metallurgy and Environment
Education Level:Postgraduate (Doctoral)
Zhou Xiangyang, male, born in Taojiang, Hunan in January 1969, doctor of engineering, second-class professor of Central South University, doctoral supervisor, member of ISE, TMS and ACS, member of the expert committee of China Inorganic Salt Industry Association and academic leader of inorganic salt discipline, editorial board member of chemical engineering and technology, and President of Guangyuan Institute of advanced composite industry development; National key R & D plan project review expert.
Main research interests: material metallurgy and electrochemical engineering.
In recent years, he has carried out research on the theoretical and basic issues of graphite deep processing, clean metallurgy of non-ferrous metals, value-added products in metallurgical process, metallurgical energy saving and the application of metallurgical theory in the field of energy storage, and presided over the national industrial revitalization and technological transformation project, the national science and technology support plan project, the general project of the National Natural Science Foundation More than 50 key scientific and technological projects of strategic emerging industries in Hunan Province and major horizontal projects of enterprises have broken through the key technologies in the echelon utilization of retired lithium batteries, efficient and clean recovery of waste batteries, cleaner production of zinc hydrometallurgy, high-value utilization of light metal aluminum and magnesium, energy saving of wet electrodeposition non-ferrous metal process and the development of high-performance energy storage materials. As the first / corresponding author, he has published more than 100 SCI papers in high-level magazines such as "nano energy" and "energy environ SCI", which have been cited thousands of times by SCI; It has obtained more than 50 national authorized invention patents, including 4 industrialization and 14 patent transfer; As the first adult, he won one first prize of provincial and ministerial scientific and technological progress and three second prizes of provincial and ministerial scientific and technological invention. Main innovative achievements:
1. Since the late 1990s, he has been engaged in the research on the cathode of lithium ion battery (Doctoral Thesis Title: Research on the intercalation / de lithium performance and lithium intercalation process dynamics of modified natural graphite, tutor: academician Liu Yexiang); In recent years, in order to improve the performance of energy storage devices such as lithium-ion batteries and reduce the cost of energy storage, the following series of work has been carried out.
① Developed the low-cost macro preparation technology of graphene based on biomass raw materials, applied for many patents including "a method for preparing low-layer graphene based on biomass waste (zl201510603033. X)", and published many papers in high-level journals such as "green chemistry";
② Based on the idea of local graphitization proposed by us (see the paper "Energy & Environmental Science, 2014, 7:2689-2696"), the engineering preparation technology of cost-effective carbon anode has been developed, and the prepared ton products have been applied in many well-known battery enterprises;
③ The preparation technology of high rate carbon cathode material is developed. The material does not separate lithium at room temperature / 3C and 0 ℃ / 1C, the discharge capacity at 10C / 0.5c is ≥ 90%, and the discharge capacity at - 20 ℃ is ≥ 65%;
④ A new type of carbon negative electrode with "dual function" characteristics of high capacity and large magnification was developed, and the "dual function" energy storage mechanism was revealed.
Relevant achievements in graphene macro preparation and high-performance carbonaceous energy storage materials were reported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China as important research progress (see details) http://www.nsfc.gov.cn/publish/portal0/tab38/info44650.htm )；
⑤ Based on traditional metallurgical technologies such as hydrometallurgy, high-temperature metallurgy and electrometallurgy, a method for preparing nano silicon and silicon oxide for high-capacity cathode materials of lithium-ion batteries with short process and low cost was invented; A simple silicon carbon composite technology has been developed (see zl201210097516.3 and zl201610935278.7 and other authorized invention patents and papers such as "chemical communication 2018, 54, 12214" and "nanoscale 2019, 11, 10984" for details). A silicon carbon negative electrode with a capacity of 450mah / G has been prepared, and its first effect can reach more than 95%.
2. Focusing on how to improve the efficiency of thermal magnesium smelting and the disposal of "three wastes" in the process of thermal magnesium smelting, the design of new reduction tank and the research on new magnesium smelting process have been carried out. The relevant ideas in the patent "an external thermal vertical tank magnesium smelting device (zl200910207798.6)" have been implemented in relevant magnesium smelting enterprises; Using dolomite, magnesite, brucite and bischofite as raw materials, a variety of magnesium salt products such as light magnesium carbonate, light magnesium oxide, flame retardant magnesium hydroxide and silicon steel grade magnesium oxide were developed; A new preparation method of magnesium high melting point alloy was developed.
3. For the echelon utilization of retired lithium batteries, the research on the construction of battery life prediction model was carried out, and the results won the "second prize of scientific and technological progress of State Grid"; Aiming at the efficient recovery of waste batteries, the waste battery treatment process package has been developed, including direct charged crushing, efficient separation of components such as positive and negative electrode powder, full leaching of valuable components in positive electrode powder under atmospheric pressure (efficiency nearly 100%), high-value utilization of negative electrode powder and harmless treatment of high COD wastewater, Relevant research results on the recovery of valuable components in waste cathode powder were reported as important research progress by Central South University (see: http://news.csu.edu.cn/info/1003/146234.htm ）；
4. Aiming at the impurity removal of solutions involved in the wet electrodeposition of metals such as zinc and manganese and the preparation of battery grade raw materials (including nickel sulfate, cobalt sulfate, manganese sulfate and lithium sulfate), fluorine remover, chlorine remover, cobalt remover and organic matter removal materials with excellent performance have been developed. These products are widely used in many domestic metallurgical enterprises, battery recycling enterprises Battery grade raw material production enterprises have been industrialized;
5. In view of the problems of large amount of arsenic / fluorine containing gypsum hazardous waste residue, large investment and high cost of waste acid treatment in the current traditional process for the treatment of waste acid produced in the smelting process of copper, lead and zinc, a simple waste acid treatment process is developed based on the technologies developed by us in fluorine fixation, fluorine and chlorine removal and arsenic removal. This process can not only realize the removal of fluorine, chlorine and arsenic in waste acid In addition, the process also has the advantages of low investment (enterprises only need to add reaction tank and plate and frame filtration equipment), low cost of waste acid treatment and no hazardous waste residue (except arsenic residue);
6. In the aspect of high value utilization of light metal aluminum and magnesium, the research on the preparation of high value-added magnesium alloy and aluminum alloy products has been carried out; The short process preparation technology of foam aluminum has been developed, and industrialization has been successfully realized. The largest foam aluminum product in the world has been produced. The technology has been identified as the "international leader". Based on the developed porous metal preparation technology, an energy-saving porous anode was developed for the hydrometallurgy industry. The anode showed positive effects such as reducing electrolytic energy consumption and improving cathode quality in the electrolytic process; A series of technologies for recycling / harmless aluminum ash have been developed.
He is now giving lectures on undergraduate courses such as light metal metallurgy (magnesium metallurgy), Fundamentals of hydrogen energy development and utilization, fundamentals and application of chemical power supply and fundamentals and application of porous materials. He has successively guided students to obtain undergraduate free exploration program projects, college students' innovation and entrepreneurship action, College Students' innovation training projects Mittal student innovation program and other program support; At present, he has guided more than 60 master and doctoral students, of which Dr. Tang Jingjing was awarded the title of "top ten doctoral students of Central South University" in 2013.
Enrollment of postgraduates (including doctoral and master students):
1. New energy materials and devices (0806z2)
2. Nonferrous metal metallurgy (080603)
3. Material metallurgy (0806z3)