Supervisor of Doctorate Candidates
Supervisor of Master's Candidates
Date of Employment:2019-06-03
School/Department:Physical Science and Electronics
Education Level:PhD Graduate
Yu Zhou is currently a Professor at School of Physics and Electronics, State Key Laboratory of Powder Metallurgy of Central South University, China. Dr. Yu Zhou received her Ph.D. degree from Academy for Advanced Interdisciplinary Studies of Peking University. After finishing his postdoctoral research at Yale University and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill,USA, he joined the faculty of School of Physics and Electronics at CSU in 2019. Dr. Yu Zhou’s research focuses on high performance, low cost electronic and optoelectronic micro/nano devices based on the two-dimensional materials and perovskite crystals. He is Young Editorial Committee of Acta Physico-Chimica Sinica, Journal of Central South University etc. He is co-author of 50 peer-reviewed scientific publications and 2 books/book chapters.
Undergraduate Course: Optoelectronics and Photonics & Modern physics experiment
Graduate Course: Physics in Functional Materials
1. Yu Zhou, Di Wu,Yihan Zhu,Yujin Cho,Qing He, Xiao Yang, Kevin Herrera,Zhaodong Chu,Yu Han, Michael C. Downer,Hailin Peng*, and Keji Lai*, “Out-of-plane piezoelectricity and ferroelectricity in layered α-In2Se3 Nano-flakes,” Nano Letters, 2017,17,5508.
2. Ke Ke Bai†, Yu Zhou†, Hong Zheng, Lan Meng, Hailin Peng*, Zhongfan Liu*, Jiacai Nie and Lin He*, “Creating one-dimensional periodic graphene ripples in a Continuous Mosaic Graphene Monolayer,” Physical Review Letters 2014, 113, 086102. (†equal contribution)
3. Wenshan Zheng† , Tian Xie† , Yu Zhou† , Y.L. Chen, Wei Jiang, Shuli Zhao, Jinxiong Wu, Yumei Jing,Yue Wu, Guanchu Chen, Yunfan Guo, Jianbo Yin, Shaoyun Huang, H.Q. Xu, Zhongfan Liu and Hailin Peng*, “Patterning two-dimensional chalcogenide crystals of Bi2Se3 and In2Se3 and efficient photodetectors,” Nature communications 2015,6,6972. (†equal contribution)
4. Yu Zhou, J. Luis Silva, John M. Woods, Qingliang Feng, Zhixiu Liang, Wen Liu, Li Lin, Bingchen Deng, Barbara Brena, Fengnian Xia, Hailin Peng, Zhongfan Liu, Hailiang Wang, C. Moyses Araujo, Judy J. Cha*, “Revealing the contribution of individual factors to hydrogen evolution reaction catalytic activity,” Advanced Materials 2018，30，1706076.
5. Yu Zhou, Hyejin Jang, John M. Woods, Yujun Xie, Piranavan Kumaravadivel, Grace A. Pan, Jingbei Liu, Yanhui Liu, David G. Cahill and Judy J. Cha*, “Direct synthesis of large-scale WTe2 thin films with low thermal conductivity,” Advanced Functional Materials 2017，8，27，5928.
6. Yu Zhou, Jose Luis Silva, John M. Woods, Qingliang Feng, Wen Liu, Zhixing Lu, Zhixiu Liang, Barbara Brena, Zhao Cai, Min Wu, Liying Jiao, Hailiang Wang, Carlos Moyses Araujo, Judy J. Cha*, “Unveiling the interfacial effects for enhanced hydrogen evolution reaction on the MoS2/WTe2 hybrid structures,” Small 2019,15,1900078.
7. Yu Zhou, Kai Yan, Di Wu, Shuli Zhao, Li Lin, Li Jin, Lei Liao, Huan Wang, Qiang Fu, Xinhe Bao, Hailin Peng*, and Zhongfan Liu*, “Epitaxial Growth of Asymmetrically-Doped Bilayer Graphene for Photocurrent Generation,” Small 2014, 10, 2245.
8. Shuang Yang, Shangshang Chen, Edoardo Mosconi, Yanjun Fang, Xun Xiao, Congcong Wang, Yu Zhou, Zhenhua Yu, Jingjing Zhao, Yongli Gao, Filippo De Angelis, Jinsong Huang*,"Stabilizing halide perovskite surfaces for solar cell operation with wide-bandgap lead oxysalts"，Science 2019,365, 6452, 473.
9. Yumei Jing; Baoze Liu; Xukun Zhu; Fangping Ouyang; Jian Sun*; Yu Zhou*, Tunable electronic structure of two-dimensional transition metal chalcogenides for optoelectronic applications; Nanophotonics, 2020, 9(7), 0574.
10. Xukun Zhu, Aolin Li, Di Wu, Peng Zhu, Haiyan Xiang, Song Liu, Jian Sun, Fangping Ouyang*, Yu Zhou*, Xiang Xiong*, “Tunable large-area phase reversion in chemical vapor deposited few-layer MoTe2 films”，Journal of Materials Chemistry C 2019,7,10598.
11. Qishuo Tan, Guo Ye, Yan Zhang, Xiaojia Du, Haining Liu, Liming Xie, Yu Zhou*, Nan Liu*, “Vacuum-filtration enabled large-area CsPbBr3 films on porous substrates for flexible photodetectors”, Journal of Materials Chemistry C 2019,7,13402.
12. Xun Xiao, Jian Zhou, Kepeng Song, Jingjing Zhao, Yu Zhou, Peter Neil Rudd, Yu Han, Ju Li,* and Jinsong Huang*,“Layer Number Dependent Ferroelasticity in 2D Ruddlesden-Popper Organic-inorganic Hybrid Perovskites”, Nature Communications, 2021,12,1332.
13. Yumei Jing, Shaoyun Huang*, Jinxiong Wu, Mengmeng Meng, Xiaobo Li, Yu Zhou, Hailin Peng, Hongqi Xu*, “A Single‐Electron Transistor Made of a 3D Topological Insulator Nanoplate”, Advanced Materials 2019, 1903686.
14. Zijian Yuan, Seong-Min Bak, Pengsong Li, Yin Jia, Lirong Zheng, Yu Zhou, Lu Bai, Enyuan Hu, Xiao-Qing Yang, Zhao Cai*, Yongming Sun, Xiaoming Sun, “Activating Layered Double Hydroxide with Multivacancies by Memory Effect for Energy-Efficient Hydrogen Production at Neutral pH”, ACS Energy Letters 2019 4,1412.