Dr. Zaiwang Huang attended Xi'an University of Technology for his undergraduate education and graduated from the department of materials science and engineering in 2004. He earned his master degree in the department of materials science and engieering at Xi'an Jiaotong University in 2007, After doctor studies with a major of mechanical engineering in University of South Carolina (SC, USA) from 2007 to 2012, he returned China and joined powder metallurgy research institute of Central South University as an assistant professor in 2012. In 2017, he was promoted to associate professor. His research interests cover (not limited to) high-temperature structural materials for aircraft application, bio-inspired materials for body-armor application, and developing high-throughput experimentation tools to accelerate the optimization of thermomechanical processing of Non-ferrous alloys in combination with finite element simulations.
Dr. Huang has published over 40 peer-review journal articles including Physical Review Letters, Acta Materialia, Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids. His work has been cited more than 900 times with H-index of 18.
Please contact me by email@example.com
1. Xiaodong Li and Zaiwang Huang. Unveiling the formation mechanism of pseudo-single-crystal aragonite platelets in nacre, Physical review letters, 102: 075502. 2009.
2. Zaiwang Huang and Xiaodong Li. Nanoscale structural and mechanical characterization of heat treated nacre, Materials Science & Engineering C, 6: 1803-07. 2009.
3. Zhihui Xu, Yingchao Yang, Zaiwang Huang, and Xiaodong Li. Elastic modulus of biopolymer matrix in nacre measured using coupled atomic force microscopy bending and inverse finite element techniques, Materials Science and Engineering: C, 31: 1852-56. 2011.
4. Zaiwang Huang, Haoze Li, Zhiliang Pan, Qiuming Wei, Yuh J Chao, and Xiaodong Li. Uncovering high-strain rate protection mechanism in nacre, Scientific reports, 1: 148. 2011.
5. Zaiwang Huang and Xiaodong Li. Order-disorder transition of aragonite nanoparticles in nacre, Physical review letters, 109: 025501. 2012.
6. Zaiwang Huang and Xiaodong Li. Origin of flaw-tolerance in nacre, Scientific reports, 3: 1693. 2013.
7. Zaiwang Huang, Zhiliang Pan, Haoze Li, Qiuming Wei, and Xiaodong Li. Hidden energy dissipation mechanism in nacre, Journal of Materials Research, 29: 1573-78. 2014.
8. Guoai He, Feng Liu, Lan Huang, Zaiwang Huang, and Liang Jiang. Microstructure evolutions and nucleation mechanisms of dynamic recrystallization of a powder metallurgy Ni-based superalloy during hot compression, Materials Science and Engineering: A, 677: 496-504. 2016.
9. Guoai He, Feng Liu, Lan Huang, Zaiwang Huang, and Liang Jiang. Controlling grain size via dynamic recrystallization in an advanced polycrystalline nickel base superalloy, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 701: 909-19. 2017.
10. Guoai He, Liming Tan, Feng Liu, Lan Huang, Zaiwang Huang, and Liang Jiang. Strain amount dependent grain size and orientation developments during hot compression of a polycrystalline nickel based superalloy, Materials, 10: 161. 2017.
11. Guoai He, Liming Tan, Feng Liu, Lan Huang, Zaiwang Huang, and Liang Jiang. Unraveling the formation mechanism of abnormally large grains in an advanced polycrystalline nickel base superalloy, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 718: 405-13. 2017.
12. Guoai He, Liming Tan, Feng Liu, Lan Huang, Zaiwang Huang, and Liang Jiang. Revealing the role of strain rate during multi-pass compression in an advanced polycrystalline nickel base superalloy, Materials Characterization, 128: 123-33. 2017.
13. Jia Li, Bin Liu, Qihong Fang, Zaiwang Huang, and Youwen Liu. Atomic-scale strengthening mechanism of dislocation-obstacle interaction in silicon carbide particle-reinforced copper matrix nanocomposites, Ceramics International, 43: 3839-46. 2017.
14. Jialin Liu, Zaiwang Huang, Zhiliang Pan, Qiuming Wei, Xiaodong Li, and Yue Qi. Atomistic origin of deformation twinning in biomineral aragonite, Physical review letters, 118: 105501. 2017.
15. Liming Tan, Zaiwang Huang, Feng Liu, Guoai He, Xin Wang, Lan Huang, Yiwen Zhang, and Liang Jiang. Effects of strain amount and strain rate on grain structure of a novel high Co nickel-based polycrystalline superalloy, Materials & Design, 131: 60-68. 2017.
16. Hongyu Wu, Jia Li, Feng Liu, Lan Huang, Xin Zeng, Qihong Fang, Zaiwang Huang, and Liang Jiang. A high-throughput methodology search for the optimum cooling rate in an advanced polycrystalline nickel base superalloy, Materials & Design, 128: 176-81. 2017.
17. Wei Chen, Zaiwang Huang, Shuo Cao, Yan Pan, Mingda Huang, Qingmiao Hu, Ding Xu, Qiaoyan Sun, Lin Xiao, and Jun Sun. Strain rate-induced plasticity in bcc β-Ti alloy single crystal micropillars containing brittle ω-precipitates, Materials & Design, 137: 404-13. 2018.
18. Jinghao Xu, Zaiwang Huang, and Liang Jiang. Effect of heat treatment on low cycle fatigue of IN718 superalloy at the elevated temperatures, Materials Science and Engineering: A, 690: 137-45. 2017.
19. Jinjun Fan, Jia Li, Zaiwang Huang, Pihua Wen, and Colin Bailey. Grain size effects on indentation-induced plastic deformation and amorphization process of polycrystalline silicon, Computational Materials Science, 144: 113-19. 2018.
20. Qihong Fang, Ming Yi, Jia Li, Bin Liu, and Zaiwang Huang. Deformation behaviors of Cu29Zr32Ti15Al5Ni19 high entropy bulk metallic glass during nanoindentation, Applied Surface Science, 443: 122-30. 2018.
21. Sihua Luo, Zaiwang Huang, Ziwei Xie, Ping Zhou, and Liang Jiang. High-throughput characterization phase transformation temperature based on end-quenching methodology, Materials Research Express, 6: 036503. 2018.
22. Jinghao Xu, Zaiwang Huang, and Liang Jiang. Low cycle fatigue behavior of a high Co polycrystalline nickel-base superalloy at 750° C, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 749: 1106-14. 2018.
23. Wenkai Deng, Jinghao Xu, Yunming Hu, Zaiwang Huang, and Liang Jiang. Isothermal and thermomechanical fatigue behavior of Inconel 718 superalloy, Materials Science and Engineering: A, 742: 813-19. 2019.
24. Qihong Fang, Li Li, Jia Li, Hongyu Wu, Zaiwang Huang, Bin Liu, Yong Liu, and Peter K Liaw. A statistical theory of probability-dependent precipitation strengthening in metals and alloys, Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 122: 177-89. 2019.
25. Xiaotao Liu, Zaiwang Huang, and Liang Jiang. Anisotropic behavior of tensile properties in a hot-extruded polycrystalline nickel-base superalloy, MRS Communications: 1-6. 2019.
26. Yanming Pan, Longfei Zhang, Zaiwang Huang, and Liang Jiang. Coarsening behavior of γ′ precipitates of single crystal Ni-based superalloys during long-term exposure, Materials Letters, 241: 210-13. 2019.
27. Xin Wang, Zaiwang Huang, Biao Cai, Ning Zhou, Oxana Magdysyuk, Yanfei Gao, Shesh Srivatsa, Liming Tan, and Liang Jiang. Formation mechanism of abnormally large grains in a polycrystalline nickel-based superalloy during heat treatment processing, Acta Materialia, 168: 287-98. 2019.
28. Hongyu Wu, Zaiwang Huang, Ning Zhou, Jiguang Chen, Ping Zhou, and Liang Jiang. A study of solution cooling rate on γ’precipitate and hardness of a polycrystalline Ni-based superalloy using a high-throughput methodology, Materials Science and Engineering: A, 739: 473-79. 2019.
29. Longfei Zhang, Zaiwang Huang, Liang Jiang, Junhua Luan, Zengbao Jiao, and Chain Tsuan Liu. Effect of Mo: W ratio on segregation behavior and creep strength of nickel-based single crystal superalloys, Materials Science and Engineering: A, 744: 481-89. 2019.
30. Longfei Zhang, Zaiwang Huang, Yanming Pan, and Liang Jiang. Design of Re-free nickel-base single crystal superalloys using modelling and experimental validations, Modelling and Simulation in Materials Science and Engineering, 27: 065002. 2019.
31. Xiaoyu Sun, Longfei Zhang, Yanming Pan, Xin Wang, Zaiwang Huang, and Liang Jiang. Microstructural evolution during cyclic oxidation of a Ni-based singe crystal superalloy at 1100° C, Corrosion Science, 162: 108216. 2020.
32. Wenkai Deng, Dong Zhang, Hongy Wu, Zaiwang Huang, Kechao Zhou, Liang Jiang. Prediction of yield strength in a polycrystalline nickel base superalloy during interrupt cooling, Scripta Materilia, 183, 139-143, 2020.
33. Pei Fu, Ping Zhou, Tianyang Zhao, Yanpo Song, Zaiwang Huang. Study of the heat transfer coefficient of a nickel-based superalloy in the end-quench test with air. International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 155, 106416, 2020.
34. Wei Zhang, Yanfei Gao, Zhili Feng, Xin Wang, Siyu Zhang, Lan Huang, Zaiwang Huang, Liang Jiang. Ductility Limit Diagrams for Superplasticity and Forging of High Temperature Polycrystalline Materials. Acta Materialia, 194, 378-386, 2020.
35. Yangping Li, Yangyi Liu, Sihua Luo, Zi Wang, Ke Wang, Zaiwang Huang, Haifeng Zhao, Liang Jiang. Neural network model for correlating microstructural features and hardness properties of nickel-based superalloys. Journal of Materials Research and Technology, 9, 14467-14477, 2020.
36. Siyu Zhang, Jingzhe Wang, Lan Huang, Shesh Srivatsa, Kechao Zhou, Zaiwang Huang, Liang Jiang. Correction of flow stress data due to nonhomogeneous deformation and thermal conditions during hot compression testing of a polycrystalline nickel-base superalloy. Journal of Materials Science. 56, 7727–7739 (2021)
37. Wei Xiong, Shengming Zhou, Dong Zhang, Zaiwang Huang, Zi Wang, Hongyu Wu, Liang Jiang. Effect of Si addition on the creep performance of a Ni-based superalloy. Materials Science and Technology, 2021: 1-9.